What is an Educational Psychologist? 

An Educational Psychologist is commonly known as an EP or Ed Psych and works with young people from birth to 25 years old to bring about positive change for concerns relating to an individuals development, such as social skills, emotional difficulties, behavioural concerns and learning difficulties. EPs also often work with other professionals such as Teachers, Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Paediatricians.

How might I be able to help you?

In collaboration with you, I complete a range of assessments, observations and consultations to complete a thorough assessment of the young person’s needs, to understand strengths and difficulties, to make recommendations for support and provision. 




I work with both parents and schools, and I complete assessments both at home and/or in the young person’s educational setting. I also work in children’s home, pre-schools, colleges and universities. 


My involvement entails a detailed consultation with parents, discussions with relevant professionals and school staff, consideration of all background documentation, observations of the young person and individual assessment on a one-to-one with the young person.